Changing your official documents

Click below for more information about:

If you’d like to hear from other students who have been through this process, or would like to ask for further advice, you can speak to the Trans Rep, or attend one of our meetings. Although it’s often useful to get help from others, you should always check official government sources, because the laws are changing quickly (hooray!) and can be complicated (not hooray).

The Advice and Representation Centre may be able to point you in the right direction if you need additional legal advice. However, it is not guaranteed that the person you speak to will have any trans-specific knowledge or training.

* Note: This webpage does not provide information about changing your gender on your driving license. No evidence is needed for a change of gender, although it may be helpful to do so in conjunction with a change of name and deed poll. You will need to contact the DVLA for more information.